Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Retopo of head done! Now what follows?







The head retopo is done and I believe that there are only 2 triangles in there! It is not the most perfect topology but I am still learning.
This was my first time retopologizing a character as a whole. I wanted to try and learn the basics of how to do it in Zbrush, although I knew that doing it in Maya would have been probably faster. I have basic Maya skills and will rely on them for the body but knowing how to do it in Zbrush, I think, was a good learning path!




Now, I did say that i will use Maya for the body but because my pants have way too many folds, I separated them, decimated them (because they had a polycount of 12 million) and Zremeshed them. Now as they are like this, they will be exported into Maya and from then onwards build a topology based on the Zremesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment